Saturday, January 3, 2015

Just Because...

My last post seemed a bit on the heavy and I didn't mean it to be, but I've been thinking about 2014 (still) and I thought I'd throw in some silly and just because favourites of 2014.

  • I was introduced to a few new movies and my favourite one was definitely The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - I watched it twice one evening after another when I was first introduced and have watched it several times since. My David even bought us the soundtrack. So good! My favourite scene is the shark scene! I laughed so hard and still do every time.

  • We camped overnight with the littles last summer - I don't think I like camping anymore. I'm good with a warm bed shared only with my husband. I'm okay with my sense of adventure being different than it used to be. 

  • Bible journaling and Documented Faith have brought me into a place of self discovery in art and I'm loving every minute of it! 


  • A group of my girlfriends have been chatting throughout the holidays via Facebook messenger (it actually began in the beginning of December) and I love these girls more everyday! I am so blessed to have such great community here! Its real and funny and crazy and honest and encouraging and I love to hear my phone ping at any and every hour! 

  • Our weekly tradition of pajama van has been invaluable to me and has made my littles amazing road trip travellers! This might make us sound like crazy mean parents, but on the trip home from holidays, David was the only one to leave the van (to fill up with gas once) from Moose Jaw, SK to home (Winnipeg, MB). That's about 400 miles or 640 kilometres! The day before, the older littles got out of the van once for a bathroom break and that was almost the same distance. I take for granted how well they travel, but I think it's because we drive 1-2 hours at a time every week. Some days we go for a extra 45 minute-1 hour drive just because. David and I have always loved going for a drive together and now we take the whole family and hope they love it or learn to just as much as we do.

  • Hannah's first year went by so fast! Phew! It's like I blinked and it was gone. I'm trying not to miss anything and like Jesus' mother,  Mary,  I'm treasuring all these things in my heart.

  • Being an artist wasn't my only discovery last year. I'm so glad to look back and see some character growth. That's especially encouraging when I feel stuck in the SAHM mom rut.

  • I've grown to really enjoy Instagram and I post there almost daily. Sometimes I forget that I have anything to blog about because I've already posted about it on Instagram. 

  • Last year's parties were fun and I'm pondering what to do this year. Any ideas you've been itching to try?

I think this should be all for my 2014 musings. I will give you a quick rundown on our road trip soon.

No comments: