Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year - Checkin' In

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and have many good things to look forward to this new year. We spent a very busy 2 weeks in Alberta visiting family and some friends. We're all adjusting back into routines and getting ready for all that's ahead. So, let's get to it!

  • Here's some Christmas gift designs that I made this year. I don't have finished product pictures, but I have the digital files. I did custom name signs on canvas. Including one for us.

  • Custom t-shirts (again no final pics, but here are the designs). Top: for Steven, a Millwright apprentice. Middle: for Jasmin, his girlfriend. Bottom: for Crystal, soon to be graduated from nursing school. These are a only a few of the shirts I designed.

  • The little's got their kitchen when we got home from Alberta. Friends of ours delivered it for us and was a great surprise. The littles received all kinds of dishes and play food for Christmas and they are well set up. I just have to work on creative toy storage solutions now.

  • Here's a Christmas card that I did in barter. It was based on a design that Twila found and liked (that makes it so much easier on me).

  • Have I told you all that we're moving at the end of this month? That is perhaps the biggest current news. We've been offered an upper duplex to rent. 3 bedrooms, people! That's just the beginning of the good news. I'll likely post more about our new home after we've moved in. This is my first move with children and so I'm sure it'll be a bit of a challenge to get packed this time.
  • Oh, funny story: Abigail and Malachi both giggled the entire take-off on our flight to Alberta. I couldn't help laughing myself. They traveled really well, though I can't imagine how we'd do it with a third little. We'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

  • I told my David last night, that although I am more tired than usual, I sometimes forget that I'm pregnant. Is that weird? Though I think I might have felt the baby moving today. I think my mind is just more occupied right now. We're 18 weeks in, now.
  • David left Computer Trends so we could go on our trip. The company hired him back and he starts next week. We have mixed emotions about that. Mostly I'm grateful for God's provision through the position, but we had hoped for something else to be available. Malachi has become quite attached to his Papa and Abigail has always struggled with David working, so I'm sure it's going to be quite the adjustment for us... again.
  • I'm sure there's much more to share, but I'm tired. (Our children are sick and we didn't sleep to well last night). I hope not to leave this little blog so lonely for so long again, but bare with me as we prepare to move. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so THRILLED to hear that you will have a new place! Congratulations! Wishing you a wonderful 2012 full of God's blessings!
P.S. & as usual... I love everything you made :)