Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Month of Tea


I was generously invited to a friend's birthday party last night. Of course that meant a gift and of course that meant that I got to have some creative time - hooray! This gift came out of a sudden inspiration. Remember my tea collection? Well, it's only gotten larger. I've had to move it into a cupboard which is a little more difficult for people to pick through. I have dreams of other solutions (scroll down in the link), but that will have to wait for now. Anyway, most people either stick with "regular" tea (Earl Grey/Orange Pekoe) or choose from the front row. Well, my friend likes tea and I have tea to spare, so here's my gift idea: A month of tea! I packaged 30 different varieties of tea with a tea cup and saucer. I numbered each individually wrapped tea and included a chart with their brands, names and kind. I had so much fun with this one.


Loose teas, I put into tea bags and sewed on dangle tags and put in the larger envelopes. I sewed the envelopes with my sewing machine and used tape to close them. Next I put  square or round tea bags into the smaller envelopes - some of them are factory wrapped individually, others are not. Finally, I made pyramid boxes for the pyramid tea bags and the one flowering tea bud. I choose a variety of patterned scrapbooking papers in similar colours to keep it simple and classy.


This is a gift that I'd have love to receive and can't wait to give again. (Hope you don't mind, Patty~Jean). I think that I might make an advent calendar of teas this year for me and my David to enjoy throughout December. 


The heart in the middle indicates my current favourite kind of tea. Celestial Seasonings, Honey Vanilla White Chai.... yum! This was a great creativi-tea time!

3 comments:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Oh Coralee - You have pretty much out done yourself - and I don't mean any harm by saying. Of course I would have never expected any gifts - but this one was amazing. I wonder if you could market this!
I love, love, love it! I haven't cracked any open yet, because I'm saving it to start on the 1st of the month....and besides I have been wondering, if I should wait until after the baby is born...or go for it next month.
I'm leaning towards starting Oct. 1, the month before baby is due, b/c that is nesting month...and what better to do then make it a priority for a cup of tea in a beautiful vintage tea and saucer daily.

Thank-you, thank-you sweet friend...this must have been a lot of work, and I do SO appreciate it, and will think of you every time I brew :)

imperfectly natural mama said...

This is such a fantastic idea, I am definately going to have a go at this for a gift for someone, it is simply delightful. Thanks for sharing.

Donna Dawe said...

Honestly, this was one of the most touching, creative and personal gifts I have ever seen gifted! Great idea. Now you two can share tea together even when you can not actually sit across the table from one another. Really special.