Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Wallet and Coffee Cozy

One of the reasons I haven't gotten as far as I'd like on my picnic blanket is because I throw in little projects in the middle that keep me from the big projects. Last week's "sew" art is one example and this week's projects are another.


I've had it in my head for quite sometime that my clutch (which I use as a wallet) needs a zipper pocket for cash/change. I don't often have actual money in my wallet, but for the times I do, I don't like change loose in my wallet. I figured I use the divider and turn it into a zipper pocket. I need to tweak it some more yet, but this one will work for now.


You can see how the divider pocket bunches and I have to reach far into the side of the wallet to reach the zipper. Well, the next one, I'll snug up the size a bit, shorten the zipper portion and put it in the top seam instead on the side. Can't picture it? That's okay, I'll get one done eventually and will be sure to show you.


Of course, I had to make a new coffee cozy to match.
Tutorial for the Gathered Clutch courtesy of Noodlehead. You can see my old clutch here.

1 comment:

Evelyn in Canada said...

I love your clutch. I am still meaning to make one similar, but haven't managed to spend any time in my terribly messy sewing room. First step: clean the room so it's appealing to go in there.