Saturday, March 12, 2011

Poppy Notetaker

Here's my first project with the designer fabric. I've had this pattern for quite sometime. I've only made one large one and one small one (forgot to take pics before I gave it away). I love the look of the finished product, but because I haven't bothered to purchase the required stabilizer, I had to improvise and I found it tedious. I substituted in heavyweight cardboard (like the kind they use inside binders) and some fusible fleece. Because of this substitution, I had to hand sew the inside seam, and though it's not that big of a deal, it's a little bit of a pain. In the end, I'm glad I made one for myself, though I'm not sure I'll be making very many of these. So, here it is, my poppy notetaker.

the front - though I meant for the front and back to be switched

the back - a nice big poppy is featured here

the inside spread (click on image to enlarge)

inside seam - hand sewn

pocket detail

button detail

I really like it!

No comments: