Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My First Designer Fabric

If you've read any sewing blogs you've probably seen these beauties. I am a little late to the party, but I've finally purchased Amy Butler and Laura Gunn. If you don't read sewing blogs then you're probably thinking what's the big deal. Well, in any case, I feel like this baby sewist is growing up. Just kidding.

I ordered the fabric from a new-to-me online store, Hawthorne Threads. I still love Pink Chalk Fabrics, but Kathy doesn't carry Laura Gunn and if you're paying for shipping, you may as well order everything from one place. HT has a nice website, easy to navigate (though you can get a little frustrated at all the items that are out of stock) and they are super quick. I ordered on February 25, they shipped the next day and I received my parcel yesterday (March 7).

the fabric was carefully cut, in other words, straight and then packaged nicely

Paradise Garden and Sunspots from Amy Butler's Love Collection
I am thinking I need to make one of these in this fabric.

Big Poppy and Climbing Vine from Laura Gunn's Poppy collection.
I actually preferred the aqua colorway, but being late to the party, you can barely find it anymore. I still love it in this spice colorway. I have one of these cut and ready to sew in this fabric.

What would you make out of these fabrics?


No comments: