Monday, January 3, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

I've actually been able to sit down for some creative time! Thanks to my David who has been getting up with Abigail in the mornings and letting me go back to bed after feeding Malachi, I've been able to function without a nap everyday. So, what have I done? First of all, a prototype cover for our new Kobo ereader. I have some tweaks and changes to make, but it's not bad for winging it!



(the elastic placement needs some work)


Next I sewed another notebook cover. I had this one cut out and sitting on my desk just waiting for interfacing. I finally got to sew it together. This little beauty is for sale if anyone is interested. $15 (plus shipping, if not local). $5 of the sale will go to Gateway Church's Ladies Ministries. One of the events the ladies ministry puts together is ladies retreat. I love ladies retreat and the ministry sponsors those who can't afford it, so I'd like to help... even if it's only a little bit. If you're interested email me at mrsgingras (at) gmail (dot) com. I hope to sell a few things throughout this year, so stay tuned if this one isn't your style.



I had a few little projects on my desk that I decided to finish in hopes of clearing up my space. I whipped out 2 pairs of baby leg warmers for baby gifts (no pics) and I de-cluttered my sewing space as best as I could. I really need proper storage (you should see my fabric mess in the linen closet). The important thing is that I know where things are and I have a cleared work surface. We'll see how long that lasts.


This blog has been brought to you one handed - right now, blogging wouldn't be done without multi-tasking! Here's a picture of my little "helper", who kept my other hand busy.



No comments: