Friday, September 25, 2009

Family Organization - part 1

Just a quick post to show what I'm working on...



(click on it to enlarge)

Well, I geeked this out because I am not a fan of domesticity in general, but it needs to be done. I need a schedule in order to keep myself on track and if I can make it pretty in the meantime, then I've thrown in some creative time! I've learned from the past that a meal schedule helps me a lot and so this is included. I also throw in monthly tasks based on this schedule:

Week one: freaky floors (behind furniture)
Week two: clean out fridge
Week three: sort/pack baby clothes (at least until she stops growing so much)
Week four: email calendar (for housegroup)
Week five: clean/swap toys (I give Abigail half of her toys and then swap them out)


1st & 3rd Wednesday: strip & wash bedding/couch cover
2nd & 4th Friday: meal plan/water tree

Today is technically the first day on this schedule, so we'll see what needs tweaking. When I put the whole binder/organizer together I'll take pictures to show you. In the meantime, I have dinner to plan and my bedroom to tidy in order to be on task for today.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

It looks SO much nicer than mine!!! What program do you use? I really like your set up. I've tried so many different things, but that is so cute!!

Erin said...

This is a great idea - I am terrible, just *terrible*, at keeping things clean and organized. Thanks for sharing. :)